Saturday, April 2, 2011

This time it's Sow not Sew, again!

The raised beds with cold weather crop seeds, take 2.


Two weeks ago I sowed some seeds in our raised beds. Two days ago the sprinkler man was changing up our sprinkler system and turned the soil in my raised beds to remove an inefficient zone. He didn't know I had seeds in the ground because I forgot to tell him. Boo! Honestly, I don't think it mattered much that the seeds were disturbed because the soil was probably still too cold--no seedlings had poked their heads through yet. Now I'm actually happy that the soil was turned so well.

Today I re-sowed the same seeds and, who knows, maybe I'll get a double crop!

What I'm sowing right now:
French radishes
watermelon radishes
carrots
mixed lettuce
chioggia beets
3 varieties of peas

No comments:

Post a Comment