Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chimpsy

fence post
Do you know what "chimpsy" means? I didn't until today, when I took a photographic fieldtrip to learn how to use my DSLR camera.

chimpsy ( chĭmp • sē ) adj. – a colloquial term used in digital photography to describe the habit of checking every photo on the camera display immediately after capture. Chimp is an acronym forCHeck IMage Preview.
back wheel cement seam
Chimpsy is also the name of a hands-on learning course that teaches you how to use your point-and-shoot or DSLR camera to get the best pictures possible. I first learned about it through Groupon and I'm so happy that I purchased the coupon because I learned some great tips today. My photography skills are forever changed. You might not notice it right away, but I'm sure with some practice it will become more obvious over time. 
criss cross <bubbles
The photos in this post are from my fieldtrip today.
lines here and there
lines UP to the sky  lines up & down
1625
My new photog skillz include understanding:
-image size
-ISO
-white balance
-metering
-flash (or No Flash!)
-+/-, exposure compensation
-auto focus
-shutter speed
-aperture
-priority choices
-composition.
oh, daisies
DSC_1451

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Claudia, I can totally tell a difference! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great :) I saw that Groupon and almost bought it too.

    ReplyDelete