I made an oven mitt and a pot holder.
Then I found fabric scraps to make a matching pot holder.
The pot holder went well until I was ready to add the binding. I chose a green-colored fabric but wasn't thrilled with it. Thankfully, I made a "good" mistake. I sewed the binding on wrong--a single layer instead of folded. Oops!
I removed it and decided to bind with a yellow fabric instead. Much better!
The quilting is random and includes a few zigzag stitches--another "happy" mistake. I didn't realize the machine was set at a zigzag stitch when I started to quilt so rather than take out the stitches, I just went with it. I like it.
I enjoyed making this set. It was another quick and simple project. Both pieces were inspired by Denyse Schmidt.
The back of the oven mitt.