Friday, April 27, 2012

When the phones lines are down, SEW!

There was a phone outage in our neighborhood yesterday and I couldn't connect to the Internets so I made something!
Kai Shirt from the book Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross

This shirt has been cut out and waiting to be stitched for almost 2 years. It was meant for JP but I don't think he'll be wearing it for too long. Thankfully there's another little boy in our family who can wear it soon.


This is my favorite shirt to make for boys. I've been using this pattern from Weekend Sewing for a few years now. Here are some of the other shirts I've made with the same pattern: the bowling shirt, the lion shirt, and the cool dot robot shirt.

While I was at it, I decided to thread the serger and put it to use. I'm glad I did! I think I'll be using it more often especially since my rotary pinking cutter is missing. So sad.

It was so nice to complete this project. Making things is fun and makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment