Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Summer Hat

Untitled
As soon as I came across the pattern for a Reversible Bucket Hat I knew I had to find time to make it for my Miles! What a cute hat! It's simple to make with easy-to-follow instructions, and it looks great!

Gonna make a hat!
Shopping for fabric
The cap
The caps

The brim
The brim

The best part is that it's reversible and he likes wearing it--in blue or green!
The blue side of the bucket hat. The green side of the bucket hat.

The hat pattern is free and comes from the fabulous Oliver + S.

+/-
The good and not so good about this project:
+ not too many pattern pieces
+ easy to follow instructions that make sense
+ come together fairly quickly
+ I had fun sewing the brim in concentric circles--I started on the outside and then as I approached the beginning stitches I shifted over to begin sewing the next line. I used the right edge of the presser foot as my guide and continued until I was on the inside of the brim.

- I don't have any "not so good" opinions or experiences to share about this hat pattern. The only one I can think of would be the hand sewing but that's not bad at all. If you were careful, you could probably skip over the hand sewing.

This is a great project for a beginner sewer. You will have to pay attention to sewing straight seams and seam allowance but you can do it if you take your time (and have a good presser foot--consider using a plastic applique foot).

I'd love to see a photo of your finished bucket hat! Please share photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment