Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22 A Special day

Today is a special day. It is a day that every year finds me filled with emotion both bitter and sweet. A day that reminds me of true love, courage, and trust. A day that helps me to keep hope alive and strengthens my faith.


Today is the day that I first became a mother to a lovely little girl we named Viviana. She was born 14 years ago, chubby and sweet and beautiful, of course. Yet, in all her wonderfulness, she was faced with some challenges but none that would rob her of any joy for life. Her name, after all, means "life"!

Viviana was a light in my life who helped me to understand Love in ways I probably never would have without her. She showed me how to trust that putting it all in God's hands graces you with generous blessings. She taught me how to be courageous because peace and comfort soon follow when you trust. She allowed me to experience and know true Love--God and his awesomeness.


Today is a special day because it is a day we remember our sweet girl, Viviana.
She died very unexpectedly 7 years ago. My heart is filled with sadness for the loss of her life but it also rejoices in the blessing of her life!


It is a privilege to be the mother of Viviana. My sweet girl brought me lessons and love that have helped me to want to be trusting, courageous, and know God just like she did!

Happy Birthday, Viviana! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Your grace in the deepest challenges of motherhood are a true inspiration to me! Thank you for sharing the celebration of her birthday with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie, thank you for your kind words. Many blessings to you and your family.

      Delete