Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Birthday Pillows

I like to give handmade gifts. I like to make pillowcases or pillows because they are quick to put together and are well-received. My girls have been making pillowcases as gifts too and we get great compliments about them for a long time after they are gifted.

This is a pillowcase we made for our neighbor's birthday.
pillowcase
"la paloma" fabric by Alexander Henry

I made this pillow for Great Grandma Marge who just turned 90 on July 1st!
Happy Birthday GG Marge!
Quilted pillow
log cabin block

It has a pocket on the back side for holding pictures or drawings made by the kids. Adding the pocket was a simple way to personalize this gift just for her.
Back of the pillow with a pocket (of course!) to hold photos.

Handmade gifts are fun to make and especially fun to give. 
What handmade gifts do you like to make?


-You can read more about Grandma Marge's Pink & Green Quilted Pillow in my folder for "My Projects" at Craftsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment